When matched with the right RPO services, your firm can realize significant cost-efficiencies, the most immediate improvement being reduced cost-per-hire. With hiring demands going up and budgets going down, organizations have no choice but to revisit their hiring process and reexamine their cost structure. Reducing overall cost-per-hire allows you to optimize your recruitment dollars and get more for less. Industry data suggests that successful adoption of RPO services can result in cost savings of up to 50% when compared to contingency search fees. However, in order to achieve this, you need a recruitment process outsourcing partner that can scale to meet your demand and has access to the right candidates.
Here’s what to look for in RPO services:
1. Flexibility determines scalability: The aim of outsourcing your recruitment process is to reduce hiring costs and divert resources towards business development while efficiently meeting your staffing needs. Having scalable services is critical to meeting these objectives, keeping in mind that you may have to ramp up hiring to take on a new project or market, or scale back in the lean season. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all RPO solution. The right recruiter is the one that provides the flexibility and scalability you need.
2. Proper technology = Greater reach: Recent technological developments have enabled recruiters to interact freely with prospective candidates across networks. Mobile recruiting, video interviewing tools, social media referral solutions and reference checkers make the entire recruitment process more effective and efficient. With cloud technology, you can store hundreds of candidate profiles which can be easily accessed via an applicant tracking system. Determining your recruiter’s reach requires taking a closer look at the platforms and processes they use. While technology is important, knowing which are the best tools to use and when, is what makes all the difference. If your RPO services provider is not up to speed, you could be losing precious time and money in your search for the right employees.
3. Scope vs. specialization: If you are considering moving your hiring process to an RPO service, it’s worth examining whether or not you really need a specialized firm. While a retail business might focus more on volume hires, a niche business or technical service is likely to have unique requirements that are harder to find. Remember that specialized recruitment firms often come with a higher price tag. Partnering with an RPO firm that taps into their specialized talent pool, on the other hand, can save precious recruitment dollars.
4. Scouting the best talent needs the best processes: Most companies don’t have the time or the resources to measure the cost of recruitment, and that is often the cause of inefficiencies. Finding skilled and experienced talent requires proven recruitment processes. Simply put, you need an established recruitment service with efficient hiring methods and competitive prices. Remember that the goal of hiring an RPO service is to trim your recruitment cost by leveraging their economies of scale. Ideally, your RPO service should map your current recruitment process, i.e. examine potential roadblocks, cycle times, etc., to develop an efficient recruitment solution for your firm.
5. Marketing Your Brand: A good talent base is supported by effective business strategies, ongoing communication, even a mentoring or talent nurturing program. A smart question to ask your recruiting firm is how they will market your brand and value proposition to prospective candidates. An established RPO service will seamlessly adopt the client’s brand. Candidates will not feel like they are dealing with an agency recruiter who is working on a commission, but rather a trusted partner of the firm who is interested in their career goals. This creates a strong candidate experience throughout the hiring cycle, reducing the time taken to fill positions while helping you attract and retain top talent.
At ACA Talent, our RPO services are focused on providing quality talent that drives actionable business. By applying our recruitment expertise, we are able to provide custom solutions that scale to meet your demand and easily flex around your changing needs. With a team that is dedicated exclusively to your organization’s recruitment needs, we are in a position to better anticipate your requirements. We can help you source the best talent and make the right hiring decisions—quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
To speak with a recruitment expert about our RPO services, please call 866-244-1306 or contact us online.