By: Kathleena O’Connell, Marketing Specialist, ACA Talent
These days, just about anything can be done through your mobile phone, so why should applying to jobs be any different? For that reason, your resume should be mobile-friendly and readily available at your fingertips. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to upload your resume to your iPhone or Android device, so that when you need to apply on the fly, your resume is in the palm of your hand.
Your resume can be uploaded to your iTunes account and then synced to your iPhone. But first, it needs to be saved as a PDF file, which is easily done on any word processing software. Just change the Save As Type at the bottom of the Save As window to PDF.
After you have your PDF resume, you can transfer it to your phone quickly using these steps:
- Open iTunes and find the folder where your PDF resume is saved.
- Click and drag the resume file to drop into the Books option in your iTunes library.
- When the file is copied into your books, right click, and select Get Info to change the name from Author to your name.
- Sync your iPhone and your resume will be accessible (remember to make sure it is syncing your books).
There are a couple of options to upload your resume to an application using your Android device. Unlike the iPhone, the Android doesn’t have the extra step of syncing a resume first. Simply email yourself a copy of your resume and it’s stored in your inbox.
Method 1: Uploading
- Open your resume in your email, click Save and the resume will be stored in Device Storage in your Downloads folder.
- During the Easy Apply Process, under Resume Entry, click Choose File, and choose Documents.
- On the top left-hand corner, click the menu icon, choose Downloads, and select your resume.
Method 2: Copy and Paste
- Open the attached resume in your email, at the bottom of your resume, press and hold somewhere on a blank area on the document on the screen until the cursor appears.
- Drag the cursor to the top to highlight the entire resume and click the copy icon.
- During the Easy Apply Process, under Resume Entry, press the inside of the box until the Paste box appears and click on it to paste your resume.
That’s it, you’re done! You can upload your mobile-friendly resume to applications, send it as email attachments, or even print it straight from your phone. Just bear in mind that when submitting resumes to recruiters, they usually need one in a Word document to make corrections or upload to their Applicant Tracking System.
Now that you know how to make your resume mobile-friendly, applying to a new job has never been so easy.